Fostering the financial independence of New Yorkers through credit unions.
Empowering all New Yorkers to be economically self-sufficient.
The NYCUF is dedicated to the credit union movement's
'people helping people' philosophy.
The New York Credit Union Foundation serves credit unions, schools and community organizations through financial education programs, grants and special projects.
Financial education programs:
- National Endowment for Financial EducationŽ (NEFEŽ) High School Financial Planning ProgramŽ (HSFPP)
- brass|STUDENT PROGRAM
- LifeSmarts.the Ultimate Consumer Challenge
- Biz Kid$
- Kid's Cash Kit and Caboodle
- ID Theft awareness
Grant making programs:
- Professional Development Grants for credit union staff and volunteers
- Smart Money Grants for credit unions and schools or community organizations
- Small Credit Union Grants for credit unions
To assist credit unions with outreach efforts in underserved and emerging markets.MORE (Member Outreach and Reinvestment Endeavor)
To assist New York's credit unions in communicating to lawmakers not simply what they do for their communities, but the essence of who they are.
To increase consumer awareness about identity theft through a statewide credit union marketing campaign and educational program.